REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
These vehicles use a multi-function switch (also called a combination switch) to control a variety of tasks. This switch contains the electrical circuitry for the turn signals, the hazard warning switch, headlamp beam select switch, headlamp optical horn, windshield wiper switch, pulse wipe and windshield washer switching.
This integrated switch assembly is mounted to the left side of the steering column. Should any function of the switch fail, the entire switch assembly must be replaced.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Properly disarm the air bag system.
- Tilt the steering column up and remove six screws holding the lower column shroud.
- Tilt the steering column down and remove the upper column shroud.
- Tilt the column up and remove the tilt lever.
- Using a flat bladed tool in place of the lever, tilt the column down.
- Remove the two mounting screws on the switch, then remove the switch from the column, disconnecting the two electrical wiring harness.
- Install the switch to the column and secure using the mounting screws. Tighten the combination switch-to-column mounting screws to 17 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Install the upper and the lower steering column shrouds tightening the retainers to 17 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Install the tilt lever.
- Properly enable the SIR system.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check all functions of the combination switch.