REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The ignition switch attaches to the lock cylinder housing opposite the lock cylinder at the top of the steering column, under the steering wheel. The steering wheel does not have to be removed but the air bag system must be disarmed.
- Disconnect negative battery cable. Disarm the air bag system using the recommended procedure.
- Remove the tilt lever attaching screws and the tilt lever from the steering column.
- Remove the upper and the lower covers from the upper steering column.
- Remove the combination switch assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical wiring from the ignition switch.
- Remove the ignition switch mounting screws and the switch.
- Position the ignition switch so the tab on the switch is aligned to the notch in the cylinder housing. Also, a slot in the end of the ignition switch fits over the shaft in the end of the lock cylinder housing. Use the ignition key to rotate the lock cylinder to align the ignition switch with the lock cylinder housing.
- Install the ignition switch mounting screws.
- Reconnect the electrical wiring to the switch.
- Install the combination switch assembly.
- Install the tilt lever, upper and the lower steering column covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Verify correct operation of the ignition switch.