REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The CAB used on both the Teves Mark IV-G ABS and ABS with traction control, is mounted and electronically connected directly to the HCU. To remove the CAB from the HCU, it is necessary to remove the entire HCU and CAB from the vehicle. There is not enough clearance to remove the CAB connector from the HCU with the assembly in the vehicle.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the key.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the HCU from the vehicle.
- Remove the 2 CAB module-to HCU assembly mounting bolts.
- Remove the CAB from the HCU by pulling it straight out of the CAB connector on the HCU, do not twist it.
- Install the CAB module by pushing it straight into the connector on the HCU until it is fully seated.
- Install the 2 CAB module-to-HCU attaching bolts. Tighten the bolts to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the HCU back into the vehicle.
- Bleed the air from the brake system.
- Install the heat shield on the HCU.
- Connect the negative battery cable.