REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm and blade assemblies, then disconnect the in-line hose connections. Do not discard the in-line connectors.
- Remove the rear hood seal with the cowl top plastic screen. Disconnect the washer hose in-line connectors.
- Disconnect the motor wiring harness at the back side of the housing.
- Remove the four wiper housing module mounting screws, then remove the housing.
- Remove the nut and disconnect the wiper drive linkage from the motor crank.
- Remove the three motor mounting screws. Lift the motor and mounting plate out of the housing.
- Disconnect the motor harness grommet from the housing.
- Assemble the linkage to the motor. Make sure that the crank fits over the D slot on the motor shaft. Tighten the mounting nut to 90-106 inch lbs. (11-14 Nm). Be sure the motor is still in the park position before assembling to the linkage; if it is not, temporarily connect the motor to the wiring and operate the switch to park the motor before assembling the linkage.
- Position the wiper motor and install the retaining nuts until snug.
- Attach the linkage drive crank to the motor crank arm.
- Plug the wiper motor wiring back together.
- Install the wiper motor cover.
- Install the wiper arms and plastic cowl removed previously.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the wiper motor for proper operation.