This procedure is for vehicles with separate heater and A/C control panels. For vehicles with combined heater-A/C control panels, refer to the procedures found earlier in this section.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the necessary bezel(s) in order to gain access to the control panel.
- Remove the screws that fasten the control panel to the instrument panel.
- Pull the unit out and detach the temperature control cable by pushing the flag in and pulling the end from its seat.
- The temperature control cable end is located at the bottom of the heater/air conditioning housing. Disconnect the cable end by pushing the flag in and pulling the end from its seat.
- Disconnect the self-adjusting clip from the blend air or mode door crank.
- Take note of the cable's routing and remove it from the vehicle.
- Install the cable by routing it in exactly the same position as it was prior to removal.
- Connect the self-adjusting clip to the door crank and click the flag into the seat.
- Connect the upper end of the cable to the control panel.
- Place the temperature lever on the coolest side of its travel. Allowing the self-adjusting clip to slide on the cable, rotate the blend air door counterclockwise by hand until it stops.
- Cycle the lever back and forth a few times to make sure the cable moves freely.
- Install the control panel attaching screws, then install any bezels removed earlier.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the entire climate control system for proper operation.