REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Have the refrigerant discharged from the system by a qualified professional mechanic using an approved recovery/recycling machine.
- Remove the condenser-to-evaporator refrigerant line as described earlier.
- Insert the Fixed Orifice Tube Removal Tool (6146) or equivalent into the liquid line.
- Turn the tool clockwise to engage the tabs on the fixed orifice tube.
- Remove the tool and the fixed orifice tube from the liquid line.
If the tool (6146) will not remove the tube, this may indicate that the tube is broken.
If this is the case, screw the threaded T handle (Tool 6147 from the A/C Tool Kit 6125) into the fixed orifice tube. Pull the tube from the refrigerant line.To install:
- Position the fixed orifice tube tabs into the Fixed Orifice Installation Tool 6145 or equivalent.
- Slide the orifice/tool assembly into the liquid line until the fixed orifice tube encounters indentations in the liquid line (when the tool fully stops against the liquid line).
- Remove the tool.
- Install the condenser-to-evaporator refrigerant line.
- Have the air conditioning system evacuated and recharged by a qualified professional mechanic using an approved machine.