REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Depressurize the hydraulic accumulator.
Failure to depressurize the hydraulic accumulator, prior to performing this operation may result in personal injury and/or damage to the painted surfaces.
- Remove the fresh air intake ducts.
- Disconnect all electrical connectors from the hydraulic unit and pump/motor.
- Remove as much of the fluid as possible from the reservoir on the hydraulic assembly.
- Remove the pressure hose fitting (banjo bolt) from the hydraulic assembly. Use care not to drop the 2 washers used to seal the pressure hose fitting to the hydraulic assembly inlet.
- Disconnect the return hose from the reservoir nipple. Cap the spigot on the reservoir.
- Disconnect all brake tubes from the hydraulic assembly.
- Remove the driver's side sound insulation panel.
- Disconnect the pushrod from the brake pedal by using a small, flat tool to release the retainer clip on the brake pedal pin. The center tang on the clip must be moved back enough to allow the lock tab to clear the pin. Disconnect the pushrod from the pedal pin.
- Remove the 4 underdash hydraulic assembly mounting nuts.
- Remove the hydraulic assembly.
- Position the hydraulic assembly on the vehicle.
- Install and torque the mounting nuts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Using L