REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
A Torx® driver is required to perform this operation. New O-rings for the injector and cap should also be supplied. A set of three O-rings is necessary to re-use an old injector, while a new injector is supplied with new O-rings.
- Remove the air cleaner and air hoses.
- Release the fuel system pressure as described earlier in this section, then disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel pressure regulator, as described later in this section.
- Remove the Torx® head screw using a suitable Torx® driver.
- Using pointed prytool, remove the fuel injector electrical harness connector retaining clip, then separate the connector from the throttle body.
- With two appropriate blunt prying instruments located in the screwdriver slot on either side of the fuel injector cap, gently and evenly pry upward to remove the injector cap.
- Position blunt prytools into the slot on either side of the injector and gently and evenly pry the injector upward and out of the throttle body unit. Once the injector is removed, check that the lower O-ring has been removed from the throttle body unit.
- Remove the two O-rings from the injector body and the single O-ring from the cap and replace them. If the injector is being replaced, a new upper O-ring will already be installed.
- Carefully assemble the injector and cap together with the keyway and key aligned. Then, align the cap and injector so that the cap's hole aligns with the bolt hole in the throttle body. Start the injector/cap assembly into the throttle body without applying downward pressure.
- With the assembly almost seated, rotate the cap as necessary to ensure perfect alignment of the cap and throttle body. Then apply gentle, downward pressure on both sides to seat the injector and cap.
- Install the Torx® screw and tighten it to 30-35 inch lbs. (3.4-3.9 Nm).
- Install the fuel pressure regulator, as described later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks with the air cleaner off, then install the air cleaner and hoses. Road test the vehicle for proper operation.