REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Make sure to have a towel or rag on hand to absorb fuel. Supply a new O-ring and gasket for the pressure regulator.
- Remove the air cleaner and air hoses.
- Release the fuel system pressure as described earlier in this section, then disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the 3 fuel pressure regulator hold-down screws, then quickly place a rag over the fuel inlet chamber to absorb any fuel that remains in the system. When fuel is absorbed, safely dispose of the rag.
- Pull the pressure regulator from the throttle body. Carefully remove the old O-ring and gasket.
- Carefully install a new O-ring and gasket onto the regulator.
- Position the pressure regulator onto the throttle body. Press it into place squarely so as to properly seat the O-ring and gasket.
- Install the 3 hold-down screws and tighten them to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for fuel leaks with the air cleaner off, then install the air cleaner and hoses.