See Figure 1
Before servicing the fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel filter, throttle body, or fuel injector, release the fuel system pressure.
- Loosen the fuel filler cap to release any built-up fuel tank pressure.
- Detach the injector wiring harness connector at the edge of the throttle body.
- Connect a jumper wire between terminal No. 1 of the injector harness and a good engine ground.
- Connect a second jumper wire between terminal No. 2 of the injector harness and touch the battery positive post for no longer than 5 seconds -this will release the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the jumper wires.
- Continue with the fuel system service.