EXCEPT 2.5L FLEX FUEL ENGINE
See Figure 1
- Loosen the fuel filler cap to release any built-up fuel tank pressure.
- Detach the injector wiring harness connector from the engine or main harness.
- Connect a jumper wire between terminal No. 1 of the injector harness and a good engine ground.
- Connect a second jumper wire between terminal No. 2 of the injector harness and touch the battery positive post for no longer than 5 seconds -this will release the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the jumper wires.
- Continue with the fuel system service.
2.5L FLEX FUEL ENGINE
See Figures 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the protective cap from the fuel pressure test port on the fuel rail.
Fuel gauge C-4799-A contains hose C-4799-1.
- Place the open end of the fuel pressure release hose, tool C-4799-1, into an approved gasoline container. Connect the other end of the hose C-4799-1 to the fuel pressure test port. Fuel pressure will bleed off through the hose into the gasoline container.