REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the retainer from the clutch release lever at the transaxle by pulling on the tail of the ball stud after removing the retainer.
- Pry out the ball end of the cable from the positioner adjuster and remove the cable, passing it through the hoop in the shock tower mounting bracket.
- Inspect the cable for wear and contamination. The inner cable strand should move smoothly inside the cable housing. If the cable is worn or damaged, replace the cable with a new one.
Do not lubricate the cable.
- Inspect the clutch pedal and adjuster mechanism for wear.
- Route the clutch cable as when removed, and press the ball end of the cable into the positioner adjuster.
- Insert the transaxle end of the cable into the clutch release lever, then install the retainer.
- After installation, push and lift the clutch pedal 2 or 3 times to allow the adjuster mechanism to function.