REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the 2 nuts attaching the speed control cable and mounting bracket to the servo.
- Remove the screws attaching the servo mounting bracket.
- Remove the servo mounting bracket.
- Detach the electrical connector and vacuum hose from the servo unit.
- Pull the cable away from the servo unit to expose the retaining clip, then remove the clip attaching the cable to the servo unit.
- With the throttle in the full open position, align the hole in the speed control cable sleeve with the hole in the servo pin and install the retaining clip.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the servo unit. Plug the electrical connection back together.
- Position the mounting bracket and install the screws to secure the attaching bracket. Tighten the screws to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Insert the servo studs through the holes in the speed control cable and the mounting bracket. Fasten the nuts to the studs and tighten to 60 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
See Figures 3 and 4
- Remove the 2 bolts attaching the servo bracket to the battery tray.
- Unplug the servo unit's electrical wiring connector from the engine wiring harness.
- Unplug and label the vacuum line(s) from the servo unit.
- Remove the two mounting nuts from the servo unit.
- Slide the cable housing forward to expose the cable.
- Remove the pin holding the cable and the servo end of the servo cable.
- Slide the end of the servo cable at the throttle body rearward and separate the cable from the throttle body linkage.
- Squeeze the plastic retaining tabs on the cable mount together, and push the end of the cable out of the mounting bracket.
- Position the servo and secure it with the two nuts.
- Plug the vacuum lines back into the servo unit. Remove the labels.
- Plug the servo unit electrical wiring harness connector back into the engine wiring harness.
- Attach the servo bracket to the battery tray.
- Pass the end of the servo cable through the mounting bracket.
- Snap the servo cable into the bracket.
- Pull the end of the servo cable past the throttle body linkage and slide it forward, engaging the linkage into the grooves inside of the cable end piece.