REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The speed control switch is mounted in the steering wheel and wired through the clockspring device under the steering wheel.
If equipped with an air bag, be sure to disarm it before entering the vehicle. Refer to those service procedures in this section before starting this repair.Except Premier
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Turn OFF the ignition.
- Remove the 2 screws from the back side of the steering wheel.
- Rock the switch away from the air bag or horn pad while lifting the switch out of the steering wheel.
- Unplug the 4-way electrical connector.
- Plug the 4-way electrical connector from the clockspring back into the switch assembly.
- Place the switch in the steering wheel, sliding the forward edge of the switch under the air bag or horn pad. Line up the locating pins on the switch with the holes in the steering wheel frame.
- Attach the switch to the wheel with 2 screws, starting with the screw at the left end of the switch.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Pull rearward on the horn cover.
- Disconnect the horn wires.
- Unplug the electrical harness connectors.
- Pry up on the switch panel and remove the panel from the steering wheel.
- Pass the wires on the switches through the steering wheel and plug back together.
- Snap the switch panel in place.
- Connect the horn wires.
- Snap the horn cover in place.