REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
The fuel injector can be removed from the throttle body without having to remove the throttle body from the engine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner bonnet (air cleaner assembly).
- Remove the fuel tank filler cap to relieve any build-up pressure.
- Detach the fuel injector wiring harness connector from the injector.
- Remove the screws securing the fuel injector hold-down plate to the fuel body and remove the hold-down plate.
- Grasp the top wedge of the injector with a pair of pliers and slowly pull the injector out of the bore in the throttle body.
- Remove the upper O-ring, injector alignment washer with tab, and lower O-ring. Do not reuse the O-rings.
- Remove the plastic alignment ring from around the injector.
- Install new upper and lower O-rings into the throttle body.
- Install the alignment ring around the injector.
- Install the locating alignment washer onto the bottom of the injector. The tab on the top side of the washer fits into a hole in the bottom of the injector. The tab on the bottom side of the washer fits into a slot in the injector bore.
- Position the injector, alignment ring and spacer ring above the throttle body bore. Align the tab on the bottom of the spacer washer with the slot in the throttle body bore.
- Install the assembly into the bore using a pair of pliers. Grasp the wedge of the injector and push down until the injector seats. Ensure that the injector cannot rotate in the bore. If the injector can rotate, it is not properly aligned or not completely seated.
- Install the hold-down plate. Tighten the hold-down plate retaining screws until snug.
- Attach the fuel injector wiring harness connector.
- Install the fuel filler cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (this will pressurize the fuel system) and check the fuel system for leaks.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.