REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Support the vehicle securely by using jackstands or equivalent under the frame of the vehicle.
- Remove the exhaust pipe clamps and any front exhaust pipe shield.
- Soak the exhaust manifold-to-front pipe mounting studs and nuts with penetrating oil. Remove attaching nuts and gasket from the manifold.
If these studs snap off while removing the front pipe, remove the manifold, the broken stud and tap the hole out.
- Disconnect the oxygen sensor wire lead.
- Remove front pipe from the muffler/catalytic converter.
- Remove any exhaust pipe mounting hanger or bracket.
- Upon installation use a new gasket at every disassembled junction.
- Connect the exhaust pipe loosely to the hangers.
- Install the front pipe on the manifold(s) with a seal, if so equipped.
- Connect the pipe to the muffler/catalytic converter. Assemble all parts loosely and position the pipe to insure proper clearance from body of vehicle.
- Tighten mounting studs, bracket bolts and exhaust clamps.
- Install exhaust pipe shield.
- Start engine and check for exhaust leaks.