It is possible to adjust the bumper's side-to-side or vertical location. Loosen the bumper-to-energy absorber (outer) attaching nuts or bolts. Shift the bumper as necessary. Using a helper or an adjustable floor jack to hold the bumper in position, tighten the mounting bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm) on all models.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Place supports under the bumper. If the bumper is equipped with a fascia, remove the retaining nuts and remove it.
- Remove the bumper-to-energy absorber (outer end) retaining nuts or bolts. Then, lower the bumper assembly to the floor.
- To install the bumper, raise it into its normal position and install the retaining nuts/bolts loosely.
- Shift the bumper as necessary to achieve proper alignment. While using an assistant or an adjustable floor jack to hold the bumper in position, tighten the attaching nuts or bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install the bumper fascia and retaining nuts.