REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the wind deflector mechanism covers.
- Position the glass to the vent position.
- Position the sunshade full rearward.
- Loosen the nuts holding the glass panel to the side adjustment brackets.
- Slide the glass panel rearward 0.05 in. (1.3mm) and separate the glass from the sunroof unit.
- Position the glass panel in the opening with the logo rearward and slide the panel forward 0.05 in. (1.3mm).
- Verify that the attaching nuts are below the top surface of the glass adjustment brackets.
- Close the sunroof to the center glass panel in roof opening. Tighten the center screws to hold adjustment.
- Open the glass to vent position and tighten the nuts 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm). Close the glass and check the alignment.
- Install the mechanism covers. Adjust the wind deflector, if necessary.
See Figure 1
- Open the sunroof to the vent position.
- Remove the headlining.
- Remove the bolts holding the sunroof motor to the motor bracket.
- Unplug the wire connector.
- Separate he motor and drive gear from the drive cables.
- Verify that the sunroof is in the vent position. Push the mechanism forward on both sides to align the drive cables.
- Engage the driven gears onto the drive cables.
- Install the motor and drive gear screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the headlining.
- Remove the wind deflector, mechanism covers, glass panels, drain channel, sunshade and drive cable locator as necessary.
- Move the glass carriage to the vent position.
- Remove the front slide from the guide assembly.
- Remove the screws holding the front and center guide track to the unit.
- Pull the cable out of the groove for the cable end.
- Pull the guide outward to release it from the housing. Separate the rear end of the guide from the clips. Slide the guide out of the unit.
- Install the guide cable into the rear of the guide assembly.
- Install the guide assembly at an angle so the rear portion slips under the finger clips at the rear of the module housing.
- Place the cable in the groove of the cable holder.
- Install the screws in the track assembly.
- Install the cable locators.
- Install the sunshade, the drain channel, glass panel, mechanism covers and wind deflector.
Glass Vertical Height
See Figure 2
- Open the glass to the vent position.
- Slide the upper half of the mechanism covers rearward until the clips disengage and separate the covers from the vehicle.
- Close the glass panel, separately loosen the adjusting bolts and individually adjust the corners of the glass.
- Adjust the front of the glass panel to 0.040 in. (1mm) below the top surface of the roof panel.
- Adjust the rear of the glass panel to 0.040 in. (1mm) above the top surface of the roof panel.
- Secure the adjustment bolts and install the mechanism covers.
See Figure 3
- Open the sunroof.
- Position the wind deflector so that it is 0.75 in. (19mm) above the top surface of the roof panel and 0.040 in. (1mm) rearward of the roof panel forward edge.
- Secure the wind deflector to the sunroof unit.