Use only Mopar Power Steering Fluid, or its equivalent.
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Position the vehicle on a level surface with the engine at normal running temperature.
- Turn the engine OFF and remove the ignition key.
- Using a rag, clean oil and dirt residue from around the power steering reservoir cap.
The power steering fluid reservoir on the 3.0L Premier and Monaco models is located separate from the pump.
- Remove the reservoir cap or dipstick and wipe off any fluid.
- Install the cap/dipstick.
- Remove the cap/dipstick again. Holding the handle or cap above the tip of the dipstick, read the fluid level. Add fluid if the reading is below the cold level mark on the dipstick.