REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument cluster bezels and the cluster itself.
On Spirit, Acclaim, Daytona, LeBaron, Shadow and Sundance models, remove the tachometer drive module as follows:
- Pivot the tachometer drive module upward from the printed circuit board and pull it away from the locating notches.
- On Spirit, Acclaim and LeBaron sedan models, remove the gauge alert module and the fuel relay from the printed circuit board.
- Remove the cluster light bulbs by twisting and pulling the bulbs out of the cluster. Note the locations of the light bulbs before removal to help facilitate easy reinstallation.
- Unbolt any mounting screws or nuts from the rear of the cluster.
- On Premier models, unplug and label the electrical wiring harness connectors.
- Pull the circuit board straight back from the cluster. Make sure not to bend or kink the circuit board.
- Position the circuit board on the back of the cluster making sure that all of the screw and light bulb holes align with the holes in the circuit board.
- On Premier models, attach the electrical wiring harness connectors.
- Install the retaining screws until snug.
- Insert the light bulbs into their respective holes and twist to tighten them.
- Install the gauge alert module and fuel relay, if removed.
- Install the tachometer drive module by positioning the module on the locating notches and pushing down securely over the circuit board.
- Install the cluster into the dashboard, then install the cluster cover bezels.
- Connect the negative battery cable.