REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The front wiper switch on most vehicles (exceptions follow) is part of the combination turn signal/cruise control/wiper switch or column mounted assembly. Refer to the appropriate procedure in Suspension & Steering or the service procedures below.AG and AJ Body Models
For more information regarding the different body classifications included in this information, refer to Vehicle Identification in Routine Maintenance .
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the panel vent grille above the switch pod assembly and remove the 2 revealed pod mounting screws.
- Remove the 2 remaining screws under the pod and pull the pod out to detach the wiring harnesses. Remove the pod from the instrument panel.
- Remove the inner panel from the pod. Disconnect the switch linkage from the buttons.
- Remove the windshield wiper switch mounting screws and remove the entire switch assembly.
- Install the wiper switch and mount with the retaining screws.
- Connect the linkage to the buttons and install the inner panel into the pod.
- Install the pod into the instrument panel. Connect the wiring harness.
- Install the panel vent grille.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the entire wiper system for proper operation.
Refer to the Headlight (Combination Switch) service procedures in this section.