REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the vehicle and support it securely by the body. Then, raise the rear axle to approximately its normal curb height and support it securely with a jackstand.
- If the car has a load-leveling system, disconnect the link from the sensor to the track bar.
- Remove the track bar-to-axle pivot bolt and the track bar-to-frame pivot bolt. Then, remove the track bar.
- Remove the diagonal brace-to-underbody stud nut. Remove the diagonal brace from the vehicle.
- Remove the 2 track bar bracket-to-frame rail bolts. Remove the bracket.
- Position the support bracket on the frame rail, then install and tighten the 2 bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Fit the diagonal brace into the support bracket and over the underbody stud. Tighten the stud nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Fit the track bar to the diagonal brace, then loosely install the pivot bolt, the washer and the nut. Attach the other end of the track bar-to-bracket on the axle and tighten it to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm). Tighten the nut on the track bar-to-frame bolt to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Install the link onto the track bar, if equipped.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground.