REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Lift the wiper arm away from the glass.
- Depress the coil spring in the wiper blade with a narrow prytool and remove the blade from the wiper arm.
- Snap the wiper blade onto the arm by inserting the wiper arm stud through the blade assembly.
See Figures 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
- On latch release type: lift the arm (note installation position) so that the latch can be pulled out to the holding position and then release the arm. The arm will remain off the windshield in this position.
- On the arm attaching nut type: lift the wiper arm (note installation position) and place a 1 / 8 in. (3mm) pin or equivalent into the arm hole. Lift the the head cover and remove the attaching nut.
- On all types, remove the arm assembly from the mounting stud using a rocking and lifting motion.
- When installing the wiper arm, the motor should be in the park position and the tips of the blades 3 / 4 -1 1 / 2 in. (19-38mm) above the bottom of the windshield moulding.
- Position the wiper arm over the mounting stud.
- Tighten the arm attaching nut to 120 inch lbs. (13 Nm).
- Install the nut cover.
- Operate the wipers to check all components for proper operation.
See Figure 11
- Lift up on the wiper arm and move the retainer tab fully away from the wiper arm.
- Grasp the wiper arm and pull it off the mounting stud.
- Disconnect the washer hose on the blade from the metal line.
- Push the wiper arm onto the shaft until it snaps in place.
- Plug the washer hose back into the metal line.