REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The linkage is removed along with the windshield wiper motor. Refer to the wiper motor procedure earlier in this section.Premier
See Figures 1 and 2
- Lift up on the driver's side wiper arm and move the retainer tab fully away from the wiper arm.
- Grasp the blade and arm assembly and pull up off the wiper arm shaft.
- Disconnect the washer hose on the driver's side blade from the metal line.
- Unplug the washer hose on the right blade from the metal line.
- Lift up on the passenger's side wiper arm and move the retainer tab fully away from the wiper arm.
- Grasp the blade and arm assembly and pull up off of the wiper arm shaft.
- Remove the cowl screen hold-down bolts.
- Turn the cowl screen locking screws 1 / 4 turn.
- Remove the left screen by sliding it toward the rear of the car, from underneath the weatherstripping.
- Remove the 3 linkage assembly mounting bolts.
- Disconnect the washer hose at the base of the center T fitting.
- Detach the electrical wiring harness.
- Extract the wiper motor/linkage assembly.
- Connect the electrical wiring harness.
- Connect the washer hose.
- Position the wiper linkage/motor assembly and secure it with the 3 mounting bolts.
- Tighten the 3 mounting bolts to 8-10 ft. lbs. (11-14 Nm).
- Cycle the wipers once and allow them to park to make sure that they are installed in the correct position.
- Install the left screen by tucking it under the weatherstripping and securing it with the fasteners.
- Install the screen hold-down bolts.
- Inspect the weatherstripping to ensure full engagement to the upper lip of the dash panel (fire wall).
- Connect the right washer hoses to the hoses on the wiper arms.
- Slide the wiper arms onto the shafts until they snap in place. Install the right wiper arm onto the shaft orienting it so that the tip of the blade is 0-2.5 in. (0-60mm) from the bottom of the windshield. Install the left wiper arm so that the positioning is 1.5-3.75 in. (35-95mm) above the grille.