REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Have the A/C system discharged by a qualified professional mechanic using an approved refrigerant recovery/recycling machine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the boot-type wire connector from the pressure cut-off switch.
- Remove the attaching bolt at the center of the refrigerant plumbing sealing plate.
- Pull the refrigerant line-sealing assembly away from the expansion valve and toward the front of the vehicle. Cover the exposed ends of the lines to minimize contamination.
- Remove the screws that mount the expansion valve to the evaporator sealing plate.
- Remove the valve and discard the gaskets.
- Transfer the low pressure cut-off switch to the new valve, if necessary.
- Coat the new "figure 8'' aluminum gasket with wax-free refrigerant oil and install to the evaporator sealing plate.
- Install the expansion valve and tighten the Torx® screws to 100 inch lbs. (11 Nm)
- Lubricate the remaining aluminum gasket and install with the blower motor lead under the right side of the instrument panel.
- Connect the refrigerant lines and sealing plate, and tighten to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Attach the electrical leads and connect the negative battery cable.
- Have the air conditioning system evacuated and recharged by a qualified professional mechanic, utilizing the proper equipment.