REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Depressurize the hydraulic accumulator.
- Remove the fresh air intake ducts.
- Disconnect all electrical connectors to the pump motor.
- Disconnect the high and low pressure hoses from the hydraulic assembly. Cap the spigot on the reservoir.
- Disconnect the shift selection cable bracket from the transaxle and move it aside.
- Loosen the nuts on the 2 studs that position the pump/motor to the transaxle differential cover.
- Remove the retainer bolts that are used to mount hose bracket and pump/motor. The engine inlet water extension pipe is also held in position by these bolts.
Do not disturb the inlet water extension pipe, or engine coolant will leak out.
- Disconnect the wiring harness retaining clip from the hose bracket.
- Lift the pump/motor assembly off of the studs and out of the vehicle.
- Remove the heat shield from the pump/motor, if equipped and discard.
- Place a new heat shield onto the pump/motor bracket, using fasteners provided.
- Install the pump/motor assembly onto the studs.
- Install the wiring harness retaining clip onto the hose bracket.
- Install the retainer bolts to the hose bracket and pump/motor. Tighten securely.
- Tighten the 2 nuts until secure.
- Install the shift selection cable bracket onto the transaxle.
- Connect the high and low pressure hoses to the hydraulic assembly and tighten to 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Attach all electrical connectors to the pump/motor.
- Install the air ducts.
- Readjust the gearshift linkage, if it was disturbed.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the assembly for proper operation.
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Depressurize the brake system.
- Remove the fresh air intake ducts from the engine.
- Remove the clip holding the high pressure line to the battery tray.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors running across the engine compartment in the vicinity of the pump/motor high and low pressure hoses. One of these connectors is the one for the pump/motor assembly.
- Disconnect the high and low pressure hoses from the hydraulic assembly. Cap or plug the reservoir fitting.
- Disconnect the pump/motor electrical connector from the engine mount.
- Remove the heat shield bolt from the front of the pump bracket. Remove the heat shield.
- Lift the pump/motor assembly from the bracket and out of the vehicle.
- Fit the pump motor assembly onto the bracket; install the heat shield and its retaining bolt.
- Install the pump/motor electrical connector to the engine mount.
- Connect the high and low pressure hose to the hydraulic assembly. Tighten the high pressure line to 145 inch lbs. (16 Nm). Tighten the hose clamp on the low pressure hose to 10 inch lbs (1 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connectors which were removed for access.
- Install the high pressure line retaining clip to the battery tray if it was removed.
- Install the fresh air intake ducts.
- Bleed the brake system.