REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Depressurize the hydraulic accumulator.
Failure to depressurize the hydraulic accumulator, prior to performing this operation may result in personal injury and/or damage to the painted surfaces.
- Disconnect all electrical connectors from the reservoir on the hydraulic assembly.
- Working from under the dash, disconnect the pushrod from the brake pedal.
- Remove the driver's side sound insulator panel.
- Remove the 4 hydraulic assembly mounting nuts.
- Working from under the hood, pull the hydraulic assembly away from the dash panel and rotate the assembly enough to gain access to the sensor block cover.
The brake lines should not be removed or deformed during this procedure.
- Remove the sensor block cover retaining bolt and remove the sensor block cover. Care should be used not to damage the cover gasket during removal.
- Disengage the locking tabs and disconnect the valve block connector (12 pin) from the sensor block.
- Disengage the reed block connector, marked PUSH , by carefully pulling outward on the orange connector body. The connector is partially retained by a plastic clip and will only move outward approximately 1 / 2 in. (13mm).
- Remove the 3 block retaining bolts.
- Carefully disengage the sensor block pressure port from the hydraulic assembly and remove the sensor block from the vehicle. The sensor block pressure port is sealed with an O-ring and extra care should be taken to prevent damage to the seal.
- Inspect the sensor block pressure port O-ring for damage. Replace the O-ring if cut or damaged. Check the sensor block wiring for any mispositioning or damage. Correct any damage or replace the sensor block, if damage cannot be corrected.
- Pull the reed block connector (2 pin) outward to the disengage position prior to installing the sensor block on the hydraulic unit.
- Thoroughly lubricate the sensor block pressure port O-ring with fresh, clean brake fluid. Carefully insert the pressure port into the hydraulic assembly's orifice, taking care not to cut or damage the O-ring. Position the sensor block for installation of the mounting bolts.
- Install the sensor block mounting bolts. Tighten to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Engage the reed block connector by pressing on the orange connector body marked PUSH .
- Connect the valve block connector (12 pin) to the sensor block.
- Install the sensor block cover, gasket and mounting bolt.
- Connect the sensor block and control pressure switch connectors.
- Install the hydraulic assembly by reversing the removal procedure.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the sensor block for proper operation.