REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Slide the driver side front seat fully rearward for working space.
- Remove the lower instrument panel trim cover.
- Remove the connecting air duct.
- Unplug the brake light switch wiring harness connector.
- Remove the booster push rod retaining clip. Discard the clip (it is not reusable)-a new one will be needed for installation.
- Remove the brake pedal pivot bolt and nut and remove the pedal from the support.
- Remove the pivot bolt bushings from the pedal.
- Remove the brake light switch striker from the brake pedal. The striker must be transferred to the new brake pedal, if the brake pedal is being replaced.
- Install new bushings into the pedal. Lubricate the bushings with Mopar® silicone spray lubricant, or equivalent.
- Install the brake light switch striker and screw to the brake pedal arm.
- Position the brake pedal in the support, then install the pivot bolt and locknut.
- Attach the booster push rod to the brake pedal. Use a new clip to secure the push rod pin.
- Attach the brake light switch wiring connectors.
- Install the air duct and lower instrument panel trim cover.
- Connect the battery cable.