REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Pry the ball end of the clutch cable out of the positioner adjuster (located on the clutch pedal arm).
- Pull the cable end out of the cable pivot adjuster assembly.
- Remove the positioner adjuster and spring from the clutch pedal.
- Remove the C-clip from the end of the clutch pedal pivot bolt.
- Slide the flat washer and plastic bushing off of the pivot bolt.
- Slide the clutch pedal and cable pivot adjuster assembly off of the pivot bolt together.
- Once the clutch pedal and cable pivot adjuster assembly are removed from the pivot bolt, pull the cable pivot adjuster assembly out of the clutch pedal (note the direction it was facing).
- Slide the inner pedal bushing and spacer off of the pivot bolt.
- Check the two clutch pedal bushings for excessive wear and replace with new ones if necessary.
- Slide the spacer and inner bushing onto the pivot bolt.
The plastic pivot bolts should NOT be lubricated.
- Position the cable pivot adjuster assembly in the clutch pedal, then slide both components onto the pivot bolt together.
- Install the outer bushing, flat washer and C-clip (use a new one if the old one is too stretched out).
- Install the positioner adjuster and spring to the clutch pedal. Install the clutch cable over and through the cable pivot adjuster assembly and attach the cable end to the auto clutch cable adjuster spring.