REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
On vehicles equipped with a compact disc player or graphic equalizer assembly, removal and installation procedures are the same as for the radio/tape player.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the console, cluster bezel or any trim panels to gain access to the front of the radio, as required.
- Remove the screws that attach the radio to the instrument panel.
- Slightly pull the radio out of the dashboard. Unplug and label the electrical wiring connectors, ground cable and antenna. Remove the radio.
- If the radio is tandem-mounted with a graphic equalizer or CD player, loosen and remove the bracket screws holding the components in the mounting bracket. Unplug any electrical wiring connecting the two components. Remove the radio and other component out of the mounting bracket.
- If equipped with two components, install both into the mounting bracket. Attach any electrical wiring connecting the two components. Secure the components in the bracket with the retaining screws.
- Attach all of the electrical wiring connectors, the ground cable and the antenna cable.
- Slide the radio into the dashboard until the mounting holes match up with the screw holes in the dashboard.
- Install the screws and tighten until snug.
- Install the cluster bezel or console.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check all functions of the radio for proper operation.