REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
To perform this procedure a cover that will protect both the windshield and the two fenders is required, as well as an assistant.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If applicable, unplug all electrical connectors on the hood, then remove the wiring harness from the hood.
On Premier and Monaco vehicles, remove the under hood latch release mechanism.
- Remove the latch mechanism spring.
- Matchmark the position of the mechanism on the hood.
- Loosen and remove the mounting bolts.
- Scribe a mark around each hinge where it connects to the underside of the hood for reinstallation with a minimum of adjustment.
- Protect the windshield and fenders with a cover. Then, place blocks of wood behind the hood-between it and the windshield to protect the windshield in case the hood should slide to the rear.
- If applicable, remove the hood support pistons (Premier and Monaco vehicles).
- While an assistant supports the hood, remove the hood bolts. With one person on either side, remove the hood from the car. If the hood is being replaced with a new one, transfer the latch striker and safety catch by removing the attaching bolts and reinstalling these components onto the new hood with them.