REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Stay clear of the blower motor and resistor block (hot) when the battery is connected.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the glove box, if necessary. Locate the resistor block and disconnect the wire harness. The resistor block is located above the ECU in the Premier and Monaco vehicles. On LeBaron Coupe/Convertible and Daytona models, the resistor block is located above and to the front of teh glove box opening on the dash panel. On all other models, the resistor block is located under the front cowl grille and windshield wiper arms.
Do not operate the blower motor with the resistor block removed from the heater-A/C housing. Air must move over the hot coils.
- Remove the attaching screws and remove the resistor from the housing.
- Make sure there is no contact between any of the coils before installing.
- Install the resistor board with the attaching screws.
- Plug the wiring harness connectors back together.
- Install the glove box assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the blower system for proper operation.