REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except Premier and Monaco
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the pod switch assembly and steering column trim cover on Daytona and LeBaron coupe/convertible models.
- Remove the cluster bezels and the mask/lens assembly.
- For New Yorker, Dynasty, Fifth Ave. and Imperial models, remove the oil pressure gauge as described previously in this section.
- Remove the tachometer, if so equipped.
- Remove the screws attaching the gauge to the cluster assembly.
- Pull the gauge out of the cluster to remove it from the gauge pins.
- Position the gauge over its gauge pins and push until it is fully seated.
- Install the attaching screws to hold the gauge in place.
- Install the tachometer, if applicable.
- Install the oil pressure gauge, if removed previously.
- Install the cluster bezels and mask/lens assembly.
- Install the steering column trim cover and pod switch assembly on Daytona and Lebaron coupe/convertible models.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Only the speedometer and tachometer gauges can be replaced with new ones as separate entities. The entire instrument gauge cluster must be replaced if any other gauge is faulty.