Except Premier and Monaco
- Unplug the fuel rail electrical harness connector from the engine harness.
- Connect one end of a jumper wire to the A142 circuit terminal (dark green wire with an orange tracer) of the fuel rail harness connector.
- Connect the other end of the jumper wire to a 12 volt power source, such as the vehicle's battery.
- Connect one end of a jumper wire to a good ground source.
- Momentarily ground one of the injectors by connecting the other end of the jumper wire to an injector terminal in the harness connector (white wire with dark blue tracer, tan wire, yellow wire with white tracer, light blue wire with red tracer, gray wire, or brown wire with a dark blue tracer). Repeat the procedure for 3 injectors.
Premier and Monaco
To relieve the fuel pressure in these vehicles, simply remove the fuel tank filler cap. When disconnecting any part of the fuel system, the residual fuel system pressure will cause fuel to spill out of the tube or component. Have shop rags near by to absorb the spillage.
3.3L AND 3.8L ENGINES
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the protective cap from the fuel pressure test port on the fuel rail.
Fuel gauge C-4799-A contains hose C-4799-1.
- Place the open end of the fuel pressure release hose, tool C-4799-1, into an approved gasoline container. Connect the other end of the hose C-4799-1 to the fuel pressure test port. Fuel pressure will bleed off through the hose into the gasoline container.