REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 17
The following procedure can be used on all years and models covered by this information. Slight variations may occur due to extra vacuum or electric wiring connections, etc., but the basic procedure is applicable to all.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the nuts attaching the air cleaner adaptor to the throttle body, loosen the hose clamps, and remove the air cleaner adaptor.
- Remove the three control cables-accelerator, automatic transaxle kickdown (if applicable) and speed control cables. Then remove the throttle cable bracket from the throttle body.
- Note their locations, then detach the electrical connectors.
- Note their locations or label them, then disconnect the vacuum hoses from the throttle body.
- Remove the throttle body-to-adaptor attaching nuts. Then, remove the throttle body and its gasket.
- Clean gasket surfaces and install a new gasket: Install the throttle body-to-adaptor attaching nuts, tighten them alternately and evenly. Tighten to 19 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) except for the Premier and Monaco, or to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm) for all Premier and Monaco models.
- Attach the vacuum hoses, checking the routing and making certain the connections are secure. Install each electrical connector to its sensor on the throttle body.
- Install the throttle and, as necessary, transaxle kickdown and speed control cables. Install the air cleaner adaptor. Reconnect the battery. Road test the vehicle for proper operation.