REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
- Support the rear axle with a floor jack.
- Remove the bottom bolt from both rear shock absorbers.
- Lower the axle assembly until the spring and support isolator can be removed.
Do not stretch the brake hoses.
- Remove the spring and isolator. Note the position of spring and isolator for correct installation.
- Install the isolator over the jounce bumper and install the spring.
- Raise the axle and loosely assemble both shock absorber-to-axle mounting bolts. Remove the axle support (floor jack) and lower the vehicle.
- With suspension supporting the weight of the vehicle, tighten the lower shock absorber mounting bolts to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).