REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Using an approved R-12 recovery/recycling station, follow the manufacturer's instructions to discharge the system.
- Disconnect the suction and discharge lines from the ports. Cap the lines and ports immediately to prevent moisture and dirt from entering the system.
- Disconnect the clutch wire.
- Remove the compressor-to-bracket attaching bolts and remove the compressor. It may be necessary to loosen the bracket-to-engine attaching bolts.
- Drain the oil from the compressor and discard of the fluid at an appropriate station.
- Adjust the level of the oil in the compressor to 5 oz. (148ml) if necessary.
- Install the compressor on the truck and tighten the bolts to 30-50 ft. lbs. (53-68 Nm).
- Tighten the drive belts.
- Reconnect the clutch wire.
- Remove the caps from the suction and discharge lines and ports. Using new gaskets, install the lines to the compressor and tighten to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-26 Nm).
- Using an approved R-12 recovery/recycling station, follow the manufacturer's instructions to evacuate and charge the system.