REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The A/C system must be completely discharged by a qualified technician using an approved R-12 recovery/recycling station before opening any refrigerant lines. Please refer to General Information & Maintenance for further information.
- Disconnect wires from the low pressure cut-off switch.
- Remove the threaded bolt in the center of the plumbing sealing plate.
- Carefully pull the line assembly towards the front of the truck. Do not scratch the valve sealing surfaces with tube pilots.
- Hold the valve while removing the two Allen head cap screws.
- Carefully remove the valve.
- Remove and replace the O-rings, making sure to first oil the new rings with clean refrigerant oil.
- Remove the sealing cap from the expansion valve control head side sealing surface. Carefully hold it against the evaporator sealing plate, then install the two bolts and torque to 70-130 inch lbs. (8-14 Nm).
- After the expansion valve is installed, charge the system using an approved R-12 recovery/recycling station, then check for leaks.
- Connect the wires to the low pressure cut-off switch.