REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Matchmark the yoke and driveshaft ends for reassembly.
- Carefully pull shaft yoke out of the transmission extension housing.
Make sure you do not scratch or nick the surface on the sliding spline yoke during removal or installation of the shaft assembly.
- Cut the boot end of the extension housing yoke seal then screw the tapered thread tool C-748 into the seal. Turn the screw of the tool, to remove the seal.
- Position the new seal in the opening of the extension housing, then drive it into the housing using a suitable seal installer or driver.
- Carefully guide the universal joint yoke into the housing and on the mainshaft splines. Align the matchmarks and connect the driveshaft to the rear axle pinion shaft yoke.