REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the four flange retaining bolts and lockwashers from the constant velocity U-joint at the transfer case. Matchmark the parts to reinstall them in the same position. To prevent the constant velocity joint from turning while removing the nuts, utilize a press bar.
- Remove the nuts and lockwashers from the U-bolts at the differential flange and remove the U-bolts.
- Support the driveshaft and separate the U-joint at the front the driveshaft yoke, pulling backward to clear the flange. The driveshaft should never be allowed to hang by either universal joint.
- Remove the driveshaft.
- Before installing the driveshaft, wipe the areas with a clean cloth and inspect the surfaces for scratches, nicks, dents or burrs. If there are any of these correct the problem before proceeding.
- Support the driveshaft and slide the U-joint into the front the driveshaft yoke, pushing forward past the flange.
Be sure to install remarked parts with the same orientation as before removal.
- Install the U-bolts, then tighten the nuts and lockwashers for the U-bolts at the differential flange.
- With the marked parts reinstall them in the same position. Replace the four flange retaining bolts and lockwashers for the constant velocity U-joint at the transfer case.