REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Unplug the antenna wire from the radio.
- Remove the antenna wire from the clips on the cowl plenum panel, pedal support and stop bracket.
- Remove the cap nut from the antenna.
- Remove the antenna assembly from under the fender opening.
- Insert the antenna into the fender opening, then install the cap nut and tighten.
- Install the wire clips onto the cowl plenum.
- Insert the antenna wire jack into the rear of the radio.
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the glove box.
- Reach behind the instrument panel and unplug the antenna lead from the radio.
- Reach through the glove box opening and pull the antenna lead out of the retainer clip.
- Open the right door and remove the cable grommet from the A-pillar.
- Pull the cable from the A-pillar.
- Loosen, but do not remove, the antenna mast.
- Loosen the cap nut on the adapter.
- Hold the antenna mast in one hand and remove the cap nut with the other.
- Lower the antenna far enough to gain access to the antenna body.
- While holding the antenna body, remove the antenna mast.
- Pull the antenna body and cable from the fender.
- Remove the adapter from the fender.
- Route the antenna cable between the fender and firewall to the A-pillar.
- Insert the mast through the hole in the fender and screw it into the antenna body.
- Pull the assembly into position and hold it there.
- Install the adapter, then index the tab with the opening in the fender and antenna body.
- Install the cap nut and tighten it securely.
- Insert the cable through the opening in the A-pillar.
- From inside the glove box opening, pull the cable in far enough to snap the grommet into place.
- Route the cable through the clip and plug it into the radio.
- Install the glove box.
- Connect the battery ground cable.