REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The lower half of the 2-piece liftgate found on some Ramchargers and Trail Dusters is removed and installed in the same manner as the Pick-Up truck tailgate. In all cases, remove the tailgate as follows:
- Open the tailgate.
- Angle the gate so the slot in the check arm lines up with the body hinge.
- Slip the check arm away from the hinge.
- Remove the bottom of the gate from the slot in the lower hinge on the right side, facing the gate.
- Remove the left side of the gate by sliding it out of the lower hinge.
- Slide the gate into the left lower hinge.
- Place the right side into the slotted hinge.
- Install the check arms to the gate, noting the correct position of the arm and body.
- Bring the gate up until the top of the check arm slotted section slips onto the hinge.