REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the lower control arm.
- Remove the ball joint seal.
- Using tool C-4212 or an arbor press and a sleeve, press the ball joint from the control arm.
- Press the new ball joint into the lower control arm using the tool C-4212 or equivalent.
- Place a new seal over the ball joint, if necessary, with adapter tool C-4034.
- Press the retainer portion of the seal down onto the ball joint housing until it is secure.
- Install the lower control arm. Be sure to install the ball joint cotter pins.