REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the front end on jackstands.
- Using a small drift and hammer, drive out the spring pin from the front end of the strut.
It is advisable to spray the bolts and nuts you are working on with penetrating oil, then allow them to sit for a few minutes.
- Remove the nut, retainer and bushing.
- Remove the rear mounting bolts, along with the jounce bumper and bracket.
- Install the strut arm, along with the mounting bolts, nuts, retainer, bushing, bumper and bracket.
- Install a new spring pin.
- Torque the mounting bracket bolts to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm) for 1972-76 models; 95 ft. lbs. (128 Nm) for 1977-88 models.
- Torque the retainer nut to 50 ft. lbs. (67 Nm).