REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the coil spring, as described earlier in this section.
It is advisable to spray the bolts and nuts you are working on with penetrating oil, then allow them to sit for a few minutes.
- Remove the mounting bolt from the crossmember.
- Remove the lower control arm from the vehicle.
- Install the lower control arm.
- Fasten the crossmember bolt finger-tight.
- Install the coil spring assembly.
- After the vehicle has been lowered to the ground, tighten the mounting bolt to specifications.
CONTROL ARM BUSHING REPLACEMENT
- Removing the lower control arm.
- Using an arbor press and a suitable sleeve, press out the old bushing.
- Position the new bushing using the arbor press and suitable sleeve. Make sure it is fully seated.
- Install the lower control arm in the truck.