REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
The following is a basic type of removal/installation procedure; your truck may vary a little, depending on its year.
- Inside the engine compartment, disconnect the control cable from the heater assembly and blend air door crank. It may be necessary to first remove an access cover.
- Place a 1 / 4 in. (7mm) tube over the clip and pry the self-adjust clip off the core wire.
- Remove the glove box and cover.
- Carefully pull the cable through the dash panel into the passengers' compartment.
- Depress the tab on the flag, and pull the mode control cable out of the receiver on the distributor duct.
- Remove the heater control.
- Depress the tab on the flag, and pull the temperature cable out of the receiver on the heater control.
- Remove the control cable.
- Route the control cable through its original passage.
- Position the wire loop over the temperature control lever pin, then snap the flag into its receiver on the heater control.
- Install the heater control.
- Snap the mode control cable flag into the receiver on distribution duct.
- Position the self-adjusting clip on the core wire 2 in. (50mm) from the loop at the heater assembly end. With a 1 / 4 in. (7mm)
tube, pry the clip into the locked position.
- Place the self-adjusting clip over the blend air door crank arm, then snap the cable into its retaining clip so that the locating tape is next to the side of the clip farthest from the crank. If applicable, reinstall the control cable access cover.
- Adjust the cable by moving the temperature control lever to the right (WARM) position.
- Install the glove box and cover.