See Figure 1
Models with front and rear drum brakes are equipped with a brake warning light switch mounted in a housing on the frame rail. The front and rear brake lines are connected to the housing and a moving valve inside the housing reacts to changes in hydraulic pressure, warning the driver of excessively low pressure in either or both systems.
Models with front disc brakes incorporate the safety switch with either a metering valve or combination metering/proportioning valve
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the splash shield.
- Disconnect the wiring at the warning light switch.
- Disconnect the brake lines at the valve.
- Unbolt and remove the valve from the frame.
- Install the valve, then connect the lines and wiring.
- Properly bleed the brake system.
- Install the splash shield.
- Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.