REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Models Through 1979
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the fusible link under the hood.
- Remove the 7 screws that fasten the instrument panel hood and bezel assembly to the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the lens mounting clips and remove the lens.
- Remove the mask.
- Loosen and remove the mounting nuts from the fuel gauge.
- Remove the gauge from the front of the cluster.
- Unplug the voltage limiter from the printed circuit board.
- Plug the voltage limiter into the printed circuit board.
- Position the fuel gauge into the cluster, and install the mounting nuts. Tighten securely.
- Install the mask. Position the lens into place in the cluster, install the mounting clips.
- Fasten with screws the instrument panel hood and bezel assembly.
- Connect the fusible link.
Reach up behind the instrument cluster and pull out the voltage limiter. The limiter is located to the left of the speedometer cable. To install, simply plug in the limiter where you unplugged the old one.