REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the ashtray housing.
- Loosen the setscrew and remove the wiper switch knob.
- Remove the nut retaining the switch to the dash panel.
- Reach through the ashtray housing opening and lower the switch just far enough to disconnect the wiring, and remove the lighting bracket.
- Install the switch and connect the wiring making sure you install the lighting bracket.
- Install the nut to retain the switch to the dash panel.
- Replace the wiper switch knob and tighten the setscrew.
- Connect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the instrument cluster face plate.
- Reach under the panel and depress the release button located on the bottom of the switch while pulling out on the knob. This will allow removal of the knob and stem.
- Remove the bezel.
- Remove the 4 switch attaching screws.
- Disconnect the wiring and remove the switch.
- Connect the wiring to the switch.
- Position the switch to the panel and install the 4 mounting screws.
- Install the bezel.
- Install the wiper switch knob.
- Install the knob and stem into switch assembly.
- Install the cluster faceplate. Check the operation of the wiper switch.
The wiper/washer switch is incorporated in the turn signal switch. Follow the REMOVAL & INSTALLATION procedures found in Suspension & Steering .