REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the armrest.
- Remove the door handle screw, then pull off the handle.
- On models with manual windows, remove the window regulator handle screw and pull off the handle. On models with power windows, remove the power window switch housing.
- On models with manual door locks, remove the door lock control. On models with power door locks, remove the power door lock switch housing.
- On models with electric outside rear view mirrors, remove the power mirror switch housing.
- Using a flat tool, insert it carefully behind the panel and slide it along to find the push-pins. When you encounter a pin, pry the pin outward slowly and carefully. Do this until all the pins are out. NEVER PULL ON THE PANEL TO REMOVE THE PINS!
- Install the door panel carefully by pushing the pins into the door trim holes.
- Install the electric mirror if equipped, along with the lock control switch.
- Install the window regulator handle or power switch housing.
- Attach the arm rest.
See Figures 4 and 5
- Remove the wheel house trim panels.
- Remove the panel retainers, then the panels.
- Install the new panel, then insert the retainers.
- Install the wheel house trim panels.
- Remove the two screws mounting the visor to the windshield header.
- Install the new visor and carefully tighten down the mounting screws; make sure they are not too tight.
- Check the operation of the visor. If the movement is too tight, loosen the screws; if too loose, tighten them.
See Figure 6
- All scuff pads are installed with a few mounting screws. Remove them.
- Remove the scuff pad.
- To install the scuff pad, position and secure using the screws. Tighten the mounting screws to 17 inch lbs. (2 Nm). Do not overtighten.
Overtorquing the screws will damage the pads and can strip the underlying sheet metal.Garnish Panels
See Figures 7 and 8
When removing a garnish moulding that is overlapping another moulding, loosen the end attaching screw to prevent damage to both mouldings. When installing, first finger-tighten, then align the moulding at each end before fully tightening the screws. Do not tighten too hard or you may damage the garnishes.
- If necessary, remove the passenger or driver's seat.
- Remove the side and rear garnish mouldings.
- Gently disengage the trim panel retainers from the sheet metal and remove the panels.
- Insert the new panels, then reinstall the screws into the sheet metal.
- Install the garnish mouldings.
- If applicable, install the seat.